TCTC Code of Conduct
We at TCTC hold our show to a very high standard and work hard to make sure this is a fun, safe, and inclusive space for all. Additionally, TCTC holds it’s attendees to a code of conduct that ensures everyone has a great time and feels comfortable at the show.
Code of Conduct
- Terminal City Tabletop Convention (TCTC) is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of your fellow gamers, volunteers, exhibitors, or staff in any form, including (but not limited to):
- Offensive comments, discrimination, or unfair treatment based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces.
- Intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Photographing or filming someone without their permission.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Uninvited physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
- Anyone asked to stop harassing behaviour will comply immediately.
- You will treat everyone with respect. We believe that respect is not earned, it’s lost.
- You must wear your event badge at all times (and around your neck) while at TCTC.
- TCTC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of TCTC. Attendees are responsible for their own actions and any resulting repercussions.
- Please do not abuse the convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls, leaving trash anywhere other than a garbage can, or smoking in non-designated smoking areas. Let’s respect our venue as it is our home away from home for two glorious days.
- Children and youth are very welcome at TCTC.
- Children 10 and under are free to attend with the purchase of a TCTC ticket (max two children per ticket).
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian who is a registered attendee of TCTC.
- Youth aged 13 to 17 must have a parent or guardian in the convention space at all times. All parents/guardians must be registered attendees of TCTC.
- Photography is permitted at TCTC, as long as it doesn’t disrupt an event in progress and the subject does not object. Please be considerate and ask first before taking pictures of other attendees, proto-alley games, the marketplace and vendors, or the general public.
- TCTC Staff have the right to ask you to leave TCTC and refuse to refund the cost of your ticket if you break this code of conduct.
What should I do if I’m being harassed?
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, please contact a volunteer or staff member immediately. We can be identified by our pink name badges; you can find us at the game library, RPG room, registration table, and around the venue.
The first volunteer or staff member you report to will first take steps to assist you in feeling safe. You don’t have to give us details of the harassment. Once safe, if you do wish to report, we will take details and work with you to respond to the issue. If you report a serious criminal matter, please be aware that we may be obliged to contact the police. We would however take into account any concerns you may have around involving them.